How can I help?
To the world, you may be just someone, but to someone, you may be the world. Creative Kindness, an outreach of Nancy's Notions, gives ideas, patterns and outlets for community service projects, including Cancer Patient headwear and more!
Locks of Love
Locks of Love is a non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children across the U.S. under age 18 suffering from long-term medical hair loss. If you would like to donate your cut hair (10" or more) contact them for a mail-in kit. A great idea for people with long hair, who are going to get theirs cut anyway.
Look Good, Feel Better
Look Good...Feel Better (LGFB) is a free, national public service program created from the concept that if a woman with cancer can be helped to look good, her improved self- esteem will help her approach her disease and treatment with greater confidence.
The program is open to all women and teen (boys and girls, 13-17) cancer patients actively undergoing treatment for cancer. LGFB programs are available in Spanish in six cities in the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
Hats Off for Cancer
We collect brand new, cool & funky hats for children with cancer.
This is our way of helping to make the lives of children with cancer, a bit brighter.
We distribute the hats to hospitals, cancer clinics and camps across Canada.
Pillars of Hope
The American Cancer Society
- Check the list
of things POH needs to see if you can make a donation
- Make a Hat to donate (Learn more)
- Buy a Hat to
donate (Learn more)
- Host a Hat-Making Party or a knitting/crocheting
- Invite a local knitting or sewing
club club to make hats for Pillars of Hope (we can help with flyers
- Send $5.50 to help pay for postage
on two hats (Learn more)
- E-mail your friends the Pillars of
Hope index page and share the news
- Donate a recipe to the Pillars of
Hope 2001 Cookbook and receive a cookbook for FREE, just for submitting
your recipe! (Learn more)
- Ask your local knitting shop to donate
yarn and needles for hatmaking
- Purchase knitting and sewing supplies
through our "Supplies" page to
help support this project (Learn more)
- Ask your local knitting shop to host
a hat-making party
- Purchase books on breast cancer from
our "Books" page
- Read stories
of breast cancer survivors
- Purchase collectibles that support
breast cancer from our "Collect"
- Share a story
of breast cancer survival or share a story about supporting a friend
- Become a mentor to someone who needs
your experience and wisdom (Learn more)
- Purchase any collectibles from GoCollect.com
using our links and support this project (Learn
- Purchase gifts, flowers, clothing,
food, heath and beauty items, and any other items from our "Shop
& Support" page to support this project (Learn
- Click to donate! Check out our "Links"
page to find web sites that send money from pay-per-click advertising
to breast cancer research (Learn more)
- Learn about breast cancer on our
- Do your self-exam this month.
- Find a mentor
to form your own support network.
Who We Are *
Headwear Options *
Products and Samples *
E-mail Me *
Back to top